Critical Illnesses happen every day, to young and old alike.
One in two men, and one in three women age 40 and under will develop coronary artery disease in their lifetime; one in four Canadians now suffer from stroke-related illnesses, and this year alone, 134,100 new cases of cancer will occur.
But, advances in medical science have made it possible for thousands to survive and resume meaningful lives. While this is encouraging, it may also be a reason to be concerned, because today’s high recovery expenses can have serious and potentially long-lasting financial consequences.
There is a solution, Critical Illness Insurance, which can help your clients to protect their assets, savings and business from the high recovery expenses associated with surviving a critical illness. This insurance covers from 4 – 22 critical illnesses or conditions, and provides a lump sum benefit to:
- Protect your client and their family’s lifestyle
- Replace lost income
- Keep the client’s business going during their recovery period
- Pay off their mortgage
- Reduce debt incurred during the illness
- Make necessary renovations to their home
- Protect savings and assets
- Or anything else your client wants